Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My two sibling 8 month old pit- puppies, mated apx. One hour

Customer Question

Hello, my two sibling 8 month old pit-bull puppies, mated apx. One hour ago, they were stuck for about a minute. This is her first heat about 1 and a half weeks in. What can I do to prevent (terminate ) possible pregnancy. I actually had planned on having the male fixed this week. Help please
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, there is no safe way to terminate a pregnancy without possibly damaging the female. With any luck, she will not take but if she does, either allow her to have the puppies or spay her along with the make. I wish we did have the "mismate injection" but the side effects of this can be very bad for your girl...

No need to cry...there are alternatives.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****