petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

Christie, I am querying why I lost my 11yr old spayed

Customer Question

Hello Dr Christie, I am querying why I lost my 11yr old spayed Standard Poodle she had been seeing the vet and on ant-biotics for a white foamymucus type discharge the vet said this was an infection but we lost her within a month. I hope your able to give me an answer as to the cause the possible cause please. Many thanks Jean
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response but it appears the expert that you have requested is not available. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

Can you tell me a little bit more about your girl, Lucy? Where was the discharge coming from?

Was she spayed?

Was any testing performed and if so, were there any abnormalities found?

Was she showing any symptoms besides the discharge?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.