Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I took my dog to the groomer sat.8-29-15. When I picked m

Customer Question

I took my dog to the groomer sat.8-29-15. When I picked him up, he had a rash on his belly. The groomer used new shampoo for oily coat. It was made by Davis. Orange oil. He has throne up 5 times sense last night. Now his skin on his belly turning blue. He's drinking water. but won't eat. Doesn't want to be held.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. If you're seeing blue it would indicate bruising/bleeding under the skin rather than a rash on the skin. This is often an indication of thrombocytopenia (low blood platelets) or an anticoagulant rodenticide poisoning. If this is occurring, Rascal needs the attention of a vet at your earliest convenience. Can you upload a photo of his belly to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. A macro lens is best for a close up pic.

Hi Mary,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rascal. How is everything going?