Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My poodle was fine last night and this morning started

Customer Question

My poodle was fine last night and this morning started bleeding from his rear badly ... he is drinking a lot of water but throwing it up later ... I live rurally and cant get him to a vet, From what I'm reading could be HGE ... or he just started taking Metacam, an injection Thursday and a dose last night what can I do at home until MOnday when I can see my vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- How long has he been on Metacam?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- Is he lethargic?

4- Does he have diarrhea?

5- Is it fair to say he is drinking more than usual?

6- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?