jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.
2361900

I have a 16 month old German Shepard that has one ear that

Customer Question

I have a 16 month old German Shepard that has one ear that flops, is there any vets, in the
Albany, NY area who this type of surgery?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 2 years ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

If the ear isn't standing at this point in time, you will likely need to get an implant if you definitely want it to stand. Many vets do not want to perform implant surgeries as they are elective surgery. However, the company that makes the permastay implants maintains a directory of surgeons who will perform the surgery. Here is the permastay brand website.

http://www.neuticles.com/permastay.php

Now personally, if you have no plans on showing your dog, I would leave the ear alone. A floppy ear can add character to a dog. I do know that many people just think it distracts from a dog's beauty, but surgery of any kind does have risks associated with it.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need more information or clarification, please reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you are satisfied, please take the opportunity to rate.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Natasha. How is everything going?
jadedangel57

I'm following up to find out how things are going and to see if my answer was helpful to you. If it was, please take this opportunity to rate me positively.