Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Woke up at 1:00 this morning to hear my 5 month old blue

Customer Question
heeler hacking. Sounded like...
Woke up at 1:00 this morning to hear my 5 month old blue heeler hacking. Sounded like cat coughing up a haiball but nothing came out. This went on for 20 minutes. She went back to sleep and when we got up at 6:00 she did it again but just for a few seconds. She hasn’t hacked in the last few hours but I’m concerned
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/29/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Is she having any eye or nasal discharge. In the last week or so, has she been around other dogs - dog parks, at the vet's office? Is she eating and drinking well? Is she acting her normal level of energy this morning?

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian