Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 4 month old pitbull puppy it has loss of balance and is

Customer Question
not very responsive she will...
My 4 month old pitbull puppy it has loss of balance and is not very responsive she will get up not on her own and her nose is not cold or wet and when she sleeps she her eyes roll up you can just see the whites of their eyes and when her eyes are open your pupils are dilated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/28/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for the question.

Has your puppy been vaccinated?

How long has she had these signs?

Has she had any seizures?

She has her first set of shots but not her second and she has had the symptoms for about an hour now
no seizures

Ok thanks.

It sounds like this may be a toxin that she got into. The most common signs of neurologic toxins are Marijuana ingestion and mold ingestion. Moldy foods and dead animals can lead to a mycotoxin that affects the nervous system. We usually see mild muscle tremors, weakness and lethargy. Marijuana leads to incoordination, hyper-responsive reflexes, a head shy attitude and dribbling urine.

Both of these will typically resolve on their own in mild cases. If the signs are still present in the morning, then I would have your vet look at her. In that case, I would start to worry about things like Distemper, meningitis or encephalitis. If the signs are gone by morning, then I would not look back and it was probably just something she got into.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Carson,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Honey. How is everything going?
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian