Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 45 pound Aussie was diagnosed with Collie nose over a

Customer Question
year ago. We gave him...
My 45 pound Aussie was diagnosed with Collie nose over a year ago. We gave him Prednisone for a while and coconut oil in his food and all the bleeding stopped and his nose healed over the period of a couple of months.We haven't had any bleeding for over a year. Today when we got home and let him out to play ball, his nose started bleeding again. It has been dry here in Colorado the past few days. And he just returned from a week long stay at the kennel. We have him crated and I did give him 1/2 a 10 mg prednisone and try iceing his nose (not too successful). Looks like it might have stopped. Should I give him another 1/2 or benedryl as well?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
how long is the wait time? and can you call me on the phone(###) ###-#### ***** is my home phone, the other phone is my cell but we don't get cell signal here for the most part so my home phone would be better. Michelle
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
It is 9:00 p.m. MST we will be going to bed by 10:00 p.m. please have someone call me before then if at all possible. It was my understanding that someone would call within 10 minutes or so. Or I would NOT have paid for this. So please call soon. Thank you. Michelle
FYI....You cannot text the phone number it is a land line. Looking forward to your call.
Answered in 1 day by:
8/28/2015
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. Hopefully by now, his nose is no longer bleeding, but this may be something that occurs again in the future. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance but do have a few questions in order to better assist you.

How was the diagnosis made? Was a biopsy performed?

Was he on any sort of maintenance medications for the nose over the past year?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian