petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

My dog has recently had bloods taken which came back low

Customer Question

My dog has recently had bloods taken which came back low basal cortisol. We then did an ACTH stim and it came back normal. She has had metronidazole and fed chappie and perked up a little. Over the weekend she became ill with severe D++++ V++++ blood and bile. She has had an abdomen xray today but the only concern was slight gas in her small intestine. She has now not eaten for 3days. When i offer plain cooked chicken she turns away and vomits. I have given her protexin prokolin today and there is less blood in D+++. After every intake of water she shows signs of nausea and licking her lips. She then vomits up a small amount of water every time. She has 3 cerenia injections over the course of 3days. Can you shead any light at all. This dog is uncomfortable and loosing weight. She is a 5yr old bavarian bloodhound
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

Over what period of time has the weight loss occurred?

Were the GI symptoms that showed up this weekend the first time she has had any GI signs?

What prompted the cortisol testing? What were her symptoms a that time?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.

Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kirsty,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Kirsty Fitchett. How is everything going?
Dr Z