Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

RE: westie 10 years old, losing weight fecal exam neg,blood

Customer Question
RE: westie 10 years old...
RE: westie
10 years old , losing weight fecal exam neg,blood work good
eliminated wheat did give skin problem
gone from 16 lbs to 13.5 eats good but poop very loose
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/26/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This weight loss may be due to age or , since Willie does have loose stool, this could be due to Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). This is an allergy related disease that is difficult to treat and diagnose. Talk to your vet about this and have the run the test to determine if this is the cause of the weight loss.

Check out this site:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2090&aid=305

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian