Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog earlier today wasn't acting herself. She wouldn't

Customer Question
hello, my dog earlier today...
hello, my dog earlier today wasn't acting herself. She wouldn't come in to eat, I had to pick her up and bring her inside to eat (which NEVER happens), and she still wouldn't eat her food. Instead, she immediately went straight to the water dish and drank tons of water. Then she went towards the back door to be left out, and I didn't let her out cause I knew something wasn't right. Then she started throwing up, and walking around while throwing up, and she started falling over, but would catch herself. I got her to go lay down on the dog bed, and I just sat there petting her for about an hour. Then I got her dog bowl with the food and she ate all her food. But she is still acting very lethargic, and she would keep trying to stand up and switch positions as if the position she was in is causing her pain. I did get her to go outside and walk around the yard a bit, and she went poop and pee, and I looked at both and they looked normal. It has been 10 hours now, and she is still acting the same way. And, her tummy looks swollen. I personally believe she somehow fell from like our patio table or something, and that she is bleeding internally.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/26/2015
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

If Palace is still acting weak and lethargic, can you check her gums and see if they are nice and pink and if the color comes back quickly when you press on them? Are they tacky or wet to the touch?

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian