Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My puppies may have eaten a few pellets of decon

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear your puppies may have eaten Decon. Even a little bit can be dangerous, especially in a little puppy. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I sorry to see you did not get help from an expert before now. How are they doing? I just came online and saw your question. Have you done anything to treat them, or taken them to a vet? If not, they should be started on Vitamin K 1 as soon as possible. That is the antidote to the chemical in most rat poisons. If they take it daily for a few weeks, they should be OK. You can't get it over the counter; vitamin K 1 (not K 3) is by prescription in most places.

I am sorry you did not get help sooner; I took your question as soon as I saw it this morning. Let me know how they are doing.