Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have 6 week old pups that started with diarrhea this past

Customer Question

I have 6 week old pups that started with diarrhea this past Saturday. 6 are doing good back to solid stool. four still have loose stool. one came back from my Vet after being there 2 days for I.V. and trying to get the diarrhea to stop. The diarrhea continues and she screams when she moves her bowels.The outside of her anal area is not raw we are keeping desitin on it. We have all of them on Tylan powder, pepcid for nausea and vomiting otherwise they will stop eating. I am concerned at this time it is more like a cdiff I really don't know what to do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your puppies. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Simple question, and probably already done: Has a stool sample been microscopically checked for parasites?

C diff is more of a problem in people and would be rare in puppies. You can do PCR testing on a stool sample to check for it, along with other intestinal infections that could be causing the diarrhea.