Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our dog had her anal glands removed yesterday. She cannot

Customer Question
Our dog had her anal...
Our dog had her anal glands removed yesterday. She cannot stop licking and biting on her bottom. It also looks as tho she may have a bit of a prolapse .
Is all this to be expected. She had a small stool earlier in the day and is leaking a small amount of stool. Should I be worried.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Does she have an ecollar (cone) on?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian