Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a doxon terrier and since about 5pm she freaked out

Customer Question
screamed like i have neve...
I have a doxon terrier and since about 5pm she freaked out screamed like i have neve heard her and has kept her tail down inbetween her legs and just has no energy and is shaking, what do I do? shes only about 6 months old
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Penelope. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is it possible she was stung or bitten by an insect or a spider?

If you check her gums, are they pink in color, or do they look at all pale?

I may be in a different time zone than you; how long has she been like this? I see it happened since 5PM, but not sure how long ago that is. Has she been eating or drinking since it happened?

Back pain can cause symptoms like this, but she is young for having back problems.

If she is eating anything, and not vomiting, you could try giving her some aspirin, but I need to know her weight to give you a safe dose.

How is she doing? I hope you can see what I have been writing. Let me know her weight, and how her gums appear, when you see this.

I am sorry that we did not connect.

How is she today?

Hi Robert,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Penelope. How is everything going?
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian