Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 4 1/2.. month old aussie/border collie puppy which

Customer Question

i have a 4 1/2.. month old aussie/border collie puppy which is very tall and very skinny is this normal? he has a very healthy appetite. i feed him purina puppy chow complete. when i got him at 6 weeks old he was a little butterball. does he need a different food? thank you for your time.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Is Dakota very active?
Do you think he is losing weight?
Any diarrhea?
How much does he weigh just now?
Can you take a photo of him ? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to send a picture but he is very active eats like a fiend and no diarrhea he also has a slight bad breath. I researched this on line and it said he was probably teething. I just have never had a dog that legs grew faster than his body.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
All you need to do to send a photo is post it on any website of your choice and then just paste the link here for me to follow. Otherwise, if you don't think you can, let me know and we can discuss how to check his body condition score so we can make sure he is not underweight for his age.
Dr. B.