Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dogs eyes are rolling back and we are concern

Customer Question

my dogs eyes are rolling back and we are concern
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to communicate with customers by phone. When owners report that their dog's eyes are rolling back (into the head), I usually find that the third eyelids have protruded across the eyes giving the impression that the globes of the eyes have rolled. This would be a very rare finding. Third eyelids protrude when they need to protect the eyes from injury - from an irritant or allergen, e.g., when there's an interruption to the nervous supply to the third eyelids such as is seen with Horner's syndrome, or perhaps when the eyelids themselves are diseased.
Lola's vet will need to closely examine Lola's eyes in an attempt to clarify which of the above etiologies exists and then treat accordingly.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.