DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My name is ben my small pooole mix has swolled something or

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** small pooole mix has swolled something wood or metal and tryed to pass it and it is half way out dont know if i should pull it or not article is very hard and dont know if somthing is attachet to it in side her please help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. I'm sorry to hear about your poor dogs issue. If you can use VERY gentle pressure on the object and it comes out that is fine. If with gentle tension it will not move or the dog yelps in pain or you see any blood- stop immediately and get to a vet right away. This should not wait overnight. Go to an emergency vet. You do not want to have the object damage the colon or rectum. I hope this helps. Best of luck.