Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I have the same question my cocker is nine he has a yeast

Customer Question

i have the same question my cocker is nine he has a yeast infection can I use AZO for him or is that bad for him
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
AZO (phenazopyridine) is toxic to dogs and so should be avoided. It can cause a decrease in tear production, liver toxicity, and muscle damage. Where is the yeast found in Bentley which was found by the groomer, please? It wouldn't be in his urinary tract where AZO works.
Hi Bonnie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bentley. How is everything going?