How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5222
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My teacup yourkie found chocolat now hes not feelingvso well

Customer Question

my teacup yourkie found chocolat now hes not feelingvso well what shoukd i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- How much does he weigh?

2- How many ounces of chocolate did he eat?

3- Type of chocolate?

4- How long has it been since he ate it?

5- Can you describe the symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 2 maybe 3 pounds im not sure he was licking a wrapper peanut butter chocolate about 10 minutes drinking a lot of water laying down every few minutes always goinh to the door
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- How much does he weigh?

2- You are not sure when he ate it?

3- Any vomiting?

4- Any changes in respiration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2..5 pounds and he started eating it about 15 minutes ago when he went out to go to the bathroom he ate a recese no vomitying and a little
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I didn't understand if you meant he was 2-3 lbs or he ate 2-3 lbs. Thank you for the clarification.

1- Do you know the amount of chocolate he ate?

2- Was the chocolate dark or milk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he only had a little not sure exactly how much i walked in on him not sure it says crispy crunchy
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Can you describe the symptoms that you are seeing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pretty quite and just laying down a little winning
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, I am sorry but I am not set up to make a phone call at this moment. I will opt out so another expert that is can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Gina replied 1 year ago.
I just logged on and saw your question has been sitting without any further reply for 6 days...I'm SO sorry about that. This is definitely not the norm for JustAnswer or the Expert Community. My sincerest apologies!
How is your tiny boy doing now?
He SHOULD be fine as it doesn't sound to me like the amount of chocolate he ingested was a toxic amount. Maybe a little upset belly if it was milk chocolate, which is my hope that it was milk chocolate, but otherwise fine.
Here is a link for you to keep handy in case this ever happens again to your boy:
Hopefully you will never need that chart for your boy, but now you have it handy.
I wish you all the best and again, I'm so sorry no one else has responded until now.
Thank you,

Related Dog Veterinary Questions