Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 5 year old welsh corgi is making terrible grumbling

Customer Question
Hello, my 5 year old...
Hello, my 5 year old welsh corgi is making terrible grumbling sounds in the stomach for the last few days. As far as I know, she hasn't eaten anything she shouldn't have other than her normal trip to the kitty litter. I have been able to limit that I think. She has always vomited after guzzling water so I limit her water bowl and give her ice cubes for hydration. She is very playful, eats and drinks like normal for her. Her bowel movements are fine but recently she seems to have to try a couple times while outside. She has been scratching at her sides but not obsessive. This does seem to be happening more in the morning. I normally only feed her once in the morning. Should I be feeding her a few small meals throughout the day? Any information for the stomach sounds would be greatly appreciated. Barbara
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/13/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is she passing stool less frequently at the moment?
Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?
If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?
Has her appetite decreased at all?
What are you feeding?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian