Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate a crab shell earlier and is now panting,

Customer Question

Hi my dog ate a crab shell earlier and is now panting, uncomfortable and freaks out when we touch her tail/rear region.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How many hours ago did she eat the crab shell?
Any vomiting or refusal of food?
Is she straining to pass feces?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, we took her to the vet this morning. Something is stuck in her anal region they've had to sedate her to get a good look.