Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

They tell me my dog has a couple seollen lymph nodes and

Customer Question
thickening intestines. addison diseas has...
they tell me my dog has a couple seollen lymph nodes and thickening intestines. addison diseas has been ruled out. kidney and liver fine. diahrrea is reddish brown her little rear end is raw. no appetite at all not even with the stinulant. they want to surgery, biopsy. but i dont think she would make it she went from 25 lbs down to proably 12 to 15 lbs. she is shaking very bad and hiding from us, dont know what to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/10/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
I am sorry to hear you are so worried about your dog. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Where on her body are the swollen nodes, or are they internal?
Is she taking anything for the diarrhea?
This is an Info Request to help me answer your questions about her.
lymph nodes are on the inside, no not taking anything for diahrrea. she hasn't ate solid food for days. i've gave her rice baby food in a child syringe. 4 tsp at a time. but that is all she has ate. they want to do surgery tommorow. she is shaking all over. I dont know if that is a sign that she is in pain or not.
she walks and just squirts out of her. and it doesnt smell like normal.
shaking is a sign of pain. It can also indicate fever, stress, and internal disease.
A biopsy of one of these enlarged nodes is the best way to get a diagnosis. It can be done by surgery, or sometimes by using ultrasound to guide a needle to the enlarged node.
I am sorry she is so sick. Unfortunately, one possible diagnosis is cancer of her intestines. Surgery may be the only way to tell if that is what she has.
If you choose not to do surgery, you could ask about trying to do the biopsy by ultrasound guided needle, or trying some steroids to see if that helps her. If she has intestinal cancer, steroids may help for awhile. Another medication called Metronidazole may help with her squirting stools.
Let me know how she is doing and what else I can answer.
thank you
You are welcome. Let me know how she is doing and what you find out.
Kindly consider rating my answer (always appreciated!); you can still get back to me with updates and questions after rating.
Hi Janet,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

How is your dog doing?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian