Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Is --gone really safe after it dries? I have a female Golden

Customer Question
is weed-b-gone really safe for...
is weed-b-gone really safe for pets after it dries? I have a female Golden who is going to be bred. I am concerned and leaning toward getting a natual product
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/9/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb. I'll do my best to help you today.
I can understand your concern for your Golden especially since you plan to breed her...although I know you'd be worried even if you weren't!
Weed B Gone and other herbicides of this nature might cause mild gastrointestinal signs if ingested while still wet but once they dry, no problems are expected. The pathways which cause plant death are not ones which affect our pets.
Of course, I'd probably lean towards a more natural product just to be environmentally friendly if you have one that's effective.
I hope this helps to reassure you. Deb
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian