Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My 4 month old Boston Terrier has a sack like thing under

Customer Question

My 4 month old Boston Terrier has a sack like thing under her chin. I just noticed it today. She likes to put everything in her mouth but it doesn't seem to be blocking anything
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with special interest in Canine health.

Have you noticed Lucy salivating more than usual?

Does the area feel fluid filled?

Joan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lucy isn't salivating and it does seem to be fluid filled.
Mary
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

She is showing signs of a salivary gland cyst or sialocele . This can occur due to trauma to the salivary gland. The trauma would be from chewing on sticks and various items that she may pick up since she is so young. The are was traumatized causing a blockage in the salivary gland. This will need to be addressed by your Vet as soon as you can get Lucy in to the office.

The Vet will aspirate the fluid to confirm my suspicions and then decide the type of treatment needed for Lucy. This is some information on Salivary gland cysts: http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/dogdiseasess/a/salivarygldcyst.htm

If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service Positive. If you have further questions abou this situation, please hit reply before rating.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mary,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lucy. How is everything going?
Jav917