Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Two nights ago my rottweiler threw up in the middle of the

Customer Question

Two nights ago my rottweiler threw up in the middle of the night. He has occasionally done this in the past but this time is has stuck around for all day yesterday into last evening. I had given him food yesterday but last night I put it up so he cannot
eat anything just trying to keep him hydrated. I am just curious if I wait it out or take him to a vet now.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm sorry to hear about Ryker's situation. I'm going to be very honest here and say that getting him to a vet now is absolutely my recommendation. He's been vomiting multiple times for 2 days. This vomiting could be due to an infection called parvo virus. IT could be due to something being eaten that has become stuck. IT could be due to some other issue like pancreatitis or some other metabolic issue. Overall, he isn't getting better with time and rest at home. He needs to be seen by your vet today (they will have shorter hours with it being the weekend) to let them start to do some testing and to then base treatment upon what they are finding. I wouldn't recommend waiting it out as the chances seem good that this will persist.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Ryker. How is everything going?