Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Where can we buy deworm and heart worm medicine puppies,

Customer Question
Where can we buy deworm...
Where can we buy deworm and heart worm medicine for these puppies, since we don't have a vet here
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/7/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian

Hello.

Dewormers are typically available over the counter at pet stores and some grocery stores. Pyrantel and Panacur (Fenbendazole) are the two common products.

As for a heartworm preventative, those are only available with a veterinary prescription. You could try to use an online pharmacy and explain your situation. They may send you some Heartgard to help out. They're not too strict with those products.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian