Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 3 yr old pitbull has been shaking and barely walking

Customer Question
my 3 yr old pitbull...
my 3 yr old pitbull has been shaking and barely walking since yesterday he is panting and yawning can u help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. While Apollo sounds to be painful (shaking, panting, immobile), the source of the pain needs to be clarified with a thorough physical exam including good history taking. For example, has he been injured? Has his posture changed - a "hunch" in his back or holding his neck rigidly and head lower to the ground (spinal pain). Are there other worrisome symptoms - pale mucous membranes in his oral cavity, sneezing, coughing, feeling hot (fever), clenching of his abdomen (cramping), swelling of a limb(s), vomiting, or diarrhea? Can you take his rectal temperature? Any body thermometer will do placed 1.5" into his rectum for 1 minute. Normal is 100.5-102.5F.

Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian