Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

My female dog has a hole/sore next to her anal. How should I

Customer Question

My female dog has a hole/sore next to her anal. How should I treat only been there 2 days. Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Unfortunately it sounds like Peanut might have a ruptured or abscessed anal gland. With these we do recommend a veterinary visit to flush out the area, instill an antibiotic/ steroid into the gland opening, and oral antibiotics to resolve this issue. CLICK HERE for more information on this condition in dogs

In the meanwhile using a warm compress to the opening to help encourage drainage but these do require medical attention to resolve and relieve discomfort

Please let me know if I can assist with any additional questions or concerns. I hope Peanut is feeling better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How is Peanut doing?
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
I'm just following up on our conversation about Peanut. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman