Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I'm on a commercial flight with my pug and I may have give

Customer Question

I'm on a commercial flight with my pug and I may have give her too much acepromazine. She's 22 lbs got about 30 mg. what can I do???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
given
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Is she pretty out of it sleeping?

2- Can you take her respiration rate? (count either the inspiration or expiration for 1 minute).

3- Can you take her rectal temperature?

4- How long until your destination?

5- How long since you gave the acepromazine?