Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

How does indium phosphate affect the body?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Kara, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.

Indium phosphide is a metal used in semiconductors. It is highly irritating to respiratory and mucous membranes.

Thus it can cause sneezing, coughing, difficulty breathing due to pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs due to irritation), pneumonia, and red eyes. It can cause skin irritation and burns.

If ingested it can lead to loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, gastrointestinal cramping and pain, kidney and liver damage, localized muscle tremors and due to central nervous system damage grand mal seizures, hind leg paralysis, coma and death.

This is a dangerous substance that should be kept away from pets.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian