Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have an 8 yr old pitbull female that has had a slight

Customer Question

We have an 8 yr old pitbull female that has had a slight cough then it stopped for 3 days then returned with a fo***** ***** substance she coughs up. It is slick and white foamy and her appitite is reduced. She did this coughing up stuff 12 times today. She does not has energy when she gets to go out and run and dig in the hills behind our home in rural carson city nevada. Help please
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is it a harsh or soft cough?
Is she breathing comfortably?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?