Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 6 year old Schneider....who has a story of intra hepatic

Customer Question

my 6 year old Schneider....who has a history of intra hepatic shunt..he's had the coil surgery ar if davis...and is healthy now...is developing several rust colored spots on his back..should I be concerned?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with customers by phone. Can you upload a photo of these spots to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Is Billy pruritic (itchy) and licking these spots? Are the spots isolated to his haircoat or do they involve the skin or both? Do they come and go?