Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My 14 yr ShihTzu has been peeing every where past 4 days. He

Customer Question

My 14 yr ShihTzu has been peeing every where for the past 4 days. He has been paralyzed in his hind legs of a year now and has had accidents before but nothing like this. I'm distraught I can't finish the work I take home it's extremely disruptive. What can I do ?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 2 years ago.
JaCustomer,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
One solution would be to get him a belly band. It is designed for male dogs who have urinary incontinence which is what it seems your dog has. You can see one here:
http://www.heartoftexasgreyhounds.com/bellyband.htm
Now your vet might prescribe anti-inflammatory medications which might restore more feeling to the area or even proin to help the bladder sphincter, but a belly band solves the immediate issue.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need more information or clarification, please reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you are satisfied, please take the opportunity to rate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was expecting to discuss this matter with Vet. With all respect, this is a medical issue and I am asking for a medical opinion not a product promotion
JaCustomer,
I'm sorry. There was no indication that you ONLY wished to speak to a vet about the matter. Your question had apparently been waiting over an hour with not response from a vet when I answered. Perhaps there is a vet that has a different answer then I provided for you though an anti-inflammatory to reduce swelling in the discs or proin to tighten the bladder sphincter are treatments frequently suggested for these situations. I'll opt out.
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** although I'm not a vet, I am a certified vet tech with 10 years experience working in busy multiple vet practices...would it be okay if I helped you?