Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dogs groin area is red rashy n painful

Customer Question
Hi my dogs groin area...
Hi my dogs groin area is red rashy n painful
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/31/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Is he licking the area?
Dog Veterinarian: Dr:D, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr:D
Dr:D, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, thank you for using Just Answer, The fresh blood on dog's feces is the indication of the large bowel problem either due to constipation or a condition called colitis which is inflamation of the large bowel.We usually see blood and mucus together on feces in case of serioıs colitis problems.Colitis can be caused by a foreign objects, bones ,usulally chicken bones that the dog chews or eats.Fresh Blood means that the mucosal integrity of the large bowel is broken.This may cause a serious infection by the enterance of the harmful bacteria into his system which is located in his large bowel.An antibiotic called Metronidazole against the anaerobic bacteria, easy to digest food ( boiled rice, boneless white chicken and yogurt ) , prebiotics are usually necessary to treat cases like this.But first diagnosis should be made by your veterinarian.I hope this helps.Thank you.
Its been seven days n its nt recovering from any antibiotics wat else shud i give him
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian