Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 8 lb. Chiuahua the past few days he hasnt ate otr…

Customer Question
I have a 8 lb...
I have a 8 lb. Chiuahua the past few days he hasnt ate otr drank much 2 days ago he came running in to roommates room jumped in their lap and was looking around like he something was after him shaking like a leaf, i knw these type digs suppose to shake but hr never has hez loos around like something is after him. He wont sleep in his bed nor mine anymore he sleeps in laundry room. Hes been scratching all over and the hair is like thin u can see his skin i got ear mite atuff what is wrong with him. He sleeps alot and not playful anymore
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/31/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Where does he scratch/itch most (ie back, tail base, belly, feet, etc)?
Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?
What flea treatment did you use? When did you last apply it?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
Does he scoot or drag his bottom on the floor?
Any changes to his rectal region or tail? Any soreness there?