Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a question

Customer Question
.I have a question...
.I have a question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/30/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.
I recently came online and see that your question hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:
1. How old is your dog?
2. Male or female? Neutered (if male) or spayed (if female)?
3. What specifically is the nature of your question or concern about your dog? The more information you can provide, the better from my point of view.
Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.
Thanks for your patience. Deb
My dog was not shaking her head today. She would go to shake & then stop. It seems a little better now. I checker her ears, head, teeth. Anything else to look for?
Thanks for the additional information.
Typically when dogs shake their heads, it means that there's going to be an issue with their ears.
If you didn't see any evidence of infection---no redness or swelling or odor--then it's possible that she had or has a few hairs or debris in her canal which are tickling her.
I've seen this happen a number of times and until or unless you look in the ears with an otoscope, you're not going to see the problem.
What I'd suggest you do would be to use an ear cleaner to flush out the ears which could dislodge any offending material which might be present, There are many excellent ones which can be purchased at local pet/grain stores or you can use a solution of 50/50 white vinegar and water.
I prefer cleaners specifically designed for dogs, though, since they'll loosen up debris better than vinegar and water.
I hope this helps. Deb
Hello again,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your dog. How are things going? Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian