Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 9 yr old male cockatoo who has a dry warm nose and

Customer Question
is shaking and somewhat lethargic...
I have a 9 yr old male cockatoo who has a dry warm nose and is shaking and somewhat lethargic. What could be his problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
It's a Cockapoo not cockatoo
7/28/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Unfortunately, noses are an unreliable indicator of both hydration status and body temperature. Shaking and lethargy suggest discomfort but doesn't tell me from where that discomfort is arising. Are there any other worrisome symptoms to report - inappetence, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, increased respiratory rate, a change in posture or lameness? Jake's mucous membrane color in his mouth should be nicely pink - not whitish or bluish-greyish.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian