Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

I have a pregnant dog that has a large lump on her valva.

Customer Question

hi i have a pregnant dog that has a large lump on her valva. it also has many tiny wholes spread across the surface
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
I am so sorry no one has assisted you yet today
My primary concern with Nateeka is a vaginal prolapse which is a true emergency, especially with her being pregnant so please search for a veterinary er or contact your regular vet today to get her seen and this addressed to ensure this is not a prolapse that requires immediate care. Below is some information on this condition in dogs:
http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/reproduction/vaginal-prolapse-in-dogs
Until you are able to get her in please use vaseline to keep the area moist and no licking because licking introduces oral bacteria to the area and irritates the exposed tissue further
Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. Again I apologize no one has assisted you yet today
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Hi Cheyenne,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Nateeka. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman