How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 28526
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 8 wk old pit puppy ingested some already cured expansion

Customer Question

our 8 wk old pit bull puppy ingested some already cured expansion foam, and is now shaking and lethargic.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please hurry, After vomiting, she wouldn't drink anything. Dolly seems very sick to me, and her breathing seems labored. She is now sleeping, with a blanket over her. We anxiously await your advice . Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Upon closer inspection, it may be possible that Dolly ingested Round Up Poison Ivy Killer. The tube that connected the spray nozzle to the bottle was bitten through, but the bottle had not been knocked over, so the amount our puppy could have ingested, would have been minimal. she has shown no improvement.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. If my patient becomes symptomatic - vomiting and inappetence, mainly - of gastrointestinal obstruction from a foreign body such as the foam, X-rays or ultrasound of her gastrointestinal tract are the initial diagnostics of choice. The Round Up contains both glyphosate and triclopyr. Glyphosate has a wide margin of safety in dogs. Triclopyr was found to be of very low toxicity in Beagle studies.

Related Dog Veterinary Questions