Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Im getting very upset with the veterinarian that i normally

Customer Question
im getting very upset...
im getting very upset with the veterinarian that i normally go to for my dog issues this time
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Hi. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Can you be more specific about what your concern is? I want to help as much as I can.
i just typed a paragraph of what is going on with my dog
I'm sorry, but something must have happened and that didn't get posted. All I can view is what is said above. Can you retype it again?
ugh,this is a pain in the ass!
forget it!
I can very much understand how frustrated you are. I've had long replies typed and they got lost. If you want to continue, I'll again help as much as I can.
a;right
i hate typing,im slow
That is no problem on the speed of your typing. There is no rush on my part.
well to start off this has been an ongoing problem for over 2 months with my lab
Give me as much detail as you can about this ongoing problem.
i had my dog Abby in over 2 months ago for a symptom something like "Kennell Cough" but more of a hacking sound
Ok. Did your vet see an event of the "coughing" / "hacking" sound? Is it getting worse or staying the same? Did they do any diagnostics? What treatments did they try?
i first talk to my regular vet about this over the phone so he prescribed 2 medications for Abby to take so i went and picked them up and she began taking them but then some vomitting came with the hacking
Ok. Do you know what the 2 medications were? How long ago were these given again? What happened next?
She would eat her dog food and then vomitt it up later on.
Is the vomiting still going on? Have you taken her actually into your vet for them to evaluate her?
this is taking to long this is such a big pain in the ass
yes it is and sometimes just "Bile" is being expelled
So for how many days has Abby been vomiting up the bile? Has she been to your vet for them to evaluate her and to do testing? What testing did they do?
she has been in 3 times for this with different medications evrytime i go there.And now she has a deep sniffle with a hick up condition too
Do you know what medications have been tried? Has your vet done any testing on her? X-rays? Blood work?
yes the last time i was there was 3 days ago and they took x-rays and some blood work.he called me yesterday and said there was nothing on the x-rays except maybe alittle "bronchitis and nothing in the blood work was present.
At that last visit, what did they start up as new treatment? Are they specifically giving her a diagnosis of something? What did they say is the next step?
initially Cefpodoxime proxetil 100mg and also Temaril-P 480mg but this seemed to have no affect on her symptoms
The Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic and the Temaril-P is a combination antihistamine and steroid. These aren't typically used for "vomiting" cases. Your vet knows that she's definitely vomiting correct? Is she acting more down and dumpy?
then i came back in and saw one of his other vets and she just looked at her and said if she isnt better in a few days to bring her back in and i did!
So you last brought her to the vet 3 days ago and say the "other" vet who didn't do anything new? They just left her on the same medications? Has she been vomiting bile daily since then? How long ago did the vomiting of bile start?
then I saw my regular vet and he then prescribed 2 different meds
to hell with this crap! this takes too long typing and then waiting for an answer back and forth! this is stupid and so slow!
So you saw your regular vet 3 days ago and he prescribed the Cefpodoxime and the Temaril-P? I want to try and be as clear on this time line as possible. He prescribed those for the "coughing"? Did you specifically tell him that she was vomiting bile?
bye!
:(
I'm sorry that this process wasn't what you were hoping for. I wish you the best for your girl. Take care.
im not paying a single thing for this rediculous bullshit snail pace bullshit!
I can send you to the moderator if you'd like for further help.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian