Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a large dog (70 lbs.) who seems to have torn a 12" x

Customer Question

I have a large dog (70 lbs.) who seems to have torn a 12" x 2" piece of skin off of her tail. What can I do for her? She's a rescue and will not get in a car so taking her to the vet is always traumatic thing for her.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How long has it been since she got injured? 2- Is she licking the wound?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Two to three months, and I have not seen her licking it at all.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, I am going to opt out and allow another expert to comment. I don't think I could be of any help in this case without a hands on examination. I am sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Is there another fee or how do we proceed?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
There will be no additional fee. The question will remain open for other experts to see until another experts answers your question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Thank you. I will await someone's response.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Fair enough. You're welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, it has been 25 minutes and I have received no response, so I expect there will be no charge as well. I'm logging off now and I'm rather disappointed that no one had any advice for me. Thanks for nothing.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the long wait. Is it possible for you to post a picture on this thread for me to see?