Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

At first my dog looks like she is bitten my a flea then a

Customer Question

At first my dog looks like she is bitten my a flea then a few days later it looks like a brown line under her skin It then appears like it's coming out when it looks about half way out I will try 2 remove it It appears to burrow deeper under her skin &
causes a big sore What am I dealing with
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry no one has assisted you and Ice today and that she has this odd line in her skinI am concerned this might be a worm of some kind and do strongly advise a veterinary exam to rule this out and begin a treatment protocol of deworming such as pyrantel pamoate. I also would advise photographing the different stages of this line you are seeing including the appearance now (quiet) to when it appears to be coming out. It could be a number of things including a parasite, a foreign body, an ingrown hair but with the fact that it is not resolving I would have her seen sooner rather than later to remove this and hopefully get the area healing. She also might need some oral antibiotics and a topical shampoo prescription to treat the lesion and hopefully get it to heal sooner rather than later. I hope this makes sense and again I apologize that it took this long for someone to assist you both If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!