Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I bought two pug pups from someone yesterday and she had given

Customer Question
them the second series of...
i bought two pug pups from someone yesterday and she had given them the second series of shots herself the canine spectra 6 one dose. she did not read the directions, she injected the pups with only the solution and not the second vike of the powder mixture. my question is number one will that harm the pups and second when can I safely give the pups the proper canine spectra 6 dose?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/20/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to assist you today. To address your questions1. The diluent (the liquid portion of the vaccine) given alone will not cause any harm to your pups. In most cases, this diluent contains inactive ingredients; for the Spectra 6 vaccine, it contains the corona portion of the vaccine. Corona is not a vaccine which is recommended by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) as per their Canine Vaccination Guidelines so personally, I wouldn't give them this vaccine. 2. If these pups were my patients, I'd vaccinate them with a vaccine such as Spectra 5 which doesn't contain the Corona vaccine and I'd do so in about 2 weeks. But, if you want to use the Spectra 6 vaccine, then I'd also do so in about two weeks. I hope this helps. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian