Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 10 pound mix breed poodle dog has a large what appears to

Customer Question
be a blood blister on...
My 10 pound mix breed poodle dog has a large what appears to be a blood blister on his upper eye lid with lot of redness on his eye brow area he was just groomed 2 days ago what can i doo to medicte this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/19/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 2 years ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.Unclear based on your description what this may be. If this is a true acute trauma, a bite/sting, a stye or an irritated eyelid tumor. If Scout is pawing at this or making it bleed or holding his eye closed as if this hurts, or the eye is quite swollen, then this is a medical emergency and you need to take him in to have this examined. Prescription medication will work better than anything I can recommend you use over-the-counter.If he seems perfected comfortable, then if he was my patient I might recommend you give him some Benadryl (diphenhydraine) in case this is due to a sting/bite (at his weight half of a 25mg tablet is ideal every 12 hours). And you can use a lubricating gel such as you could get for people such as the i-drop or Celluvisc to be applied every few hours (at least a bedtime) to provide some comfort. Do NOT use visine as this can be very irritating.I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified