Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 3 year old Maltese has a stomach ache from trifexis. What

Customer Question

My 3 year old Maltese has a stomach ache from trifexis. What can I do for him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry to hear your little one is not feeling well tonight So I would advise giving her:- Pepcid (famotidine) 10 mg 1/4 tablet every 12 hours for a few days- Tonight reduce his meal and cook some white rice and boiled chicken and feed him in smaller more frequent meals. For example if he eats 1/2 cups twice daily then give her 1/8 cup every 2 hours for several hours tonight. This is to test his stomach and ensure he is not nauseous and going to vomit all his food up but is also bland and bulking to minimize risk of diarrhea in the next 24 hoursJust as a precaution a veterinary er is recommended if any of the below signs are seen: - Gums are pale, yellow, brick red and sticky indicating dehydration- Vomiting or diarrhea with blood in it- Increased lethargy or difficulty getting comfortable- Swollen abdomen- Respiratory rate > 60 while at rest- Temperature rectally <99 or >103.5- No interest in food for 24+ hours- No urination for 12+ hours- Trembling without resolution for more than an hour- Productive coughing- Taking a "play bow" or what looks like a downward dog position which is abdominal distressI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both this evening. If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Riley. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman