Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a female 4 month old pit cross that we adopted from

Customer Question

I have a female 4 month old pit cross that we adopted from a rescue, she has developed a rash that started under her neck and belly, now it's covering her legs. The rash has bumps almost looking like warts?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Is the rash very itchy for her?
Do the lumps have white tops like pimples? Or do they just look flesh colored?
When did you last treat for fleas? What did you use?
Has she had any diet change in the 4-6 weeks before this started?
Can you take a photo of her skin for me? If you can do so, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 weeks ago on flea treatment
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,
And was there any change to her diet?
And quite importantly, is she itchy or rubbing the area?