Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog is a 13 year old spayed lab. She has something like

Customer Question

My dog is a 13 year old spayed lab. She has something like a protruding for her vagina. Not sure if I shoi take her in now or wait till morning.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
A spayed Katie shouldn't be under the influence of estrogen and so both vaginal hypertrophy and vaginal prolapse aren't considerations as those disorders are seen in intact dogs. Instead, I must believe that you're seeing a vaginal tumor. If so, it's not an emergency and can wait 'til morning.
Can you upload a photo of this to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't get my pictures to upload. I can't tell if she can go pee or not.
Whether she can pee or not is more important than the photo. Is she stranguric - frequent attempts to urinate little or no urine? If so, she would need to see an on-call vet at your earliest convenience.