How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5222
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Caught my dog eating an unlit sparkler. Got the wire

Customer Question

Hi! Caught my dog eating an unlit sparkler. Got the wire away from her, and not all of the flammable part was ingested, but I'm very worried. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
I share your concern about Britny.
Can you tell me how much you think she had of the material? Half, more, less?
Was it just one sparkler she got?
How long ago?
How much does she weigh?
Can you check the pack and tell me the ingredients (As they vary between products and some are more dangerous then others)?
How is she just now?
Any drooling, vomiting, belly pain, or changes to her breathing?

Related Dog Veterinary Questions