Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog tore his dew claws he just took the nail and it kind

Customer Question
of tore off the skin...
My dog tore his dew claws he just took the nail and it kind of tore off the skin underneath alittle so I cleaned it and put emt gel over it and bandage it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/16/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Did all of the nail come off?
Is Milo limping at all?
Since there was skin damage, can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian